Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My boyfriend has to put our baby on his medical insurance will i lose my medicaid benifits

we both was usher to go to court for him to pay back support i received from temporary cash assistance . he had no problem with that. i work part-time a week i don`t earn much, now he received a letter that he had to put the baby on his medical plan, i just want to know if i will lose the medical medicaid plan if the baby is put on his plan i live in NY Queens

Answer Question

Asked by may503 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 10, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Call your local welfare office and ask. If the father is paying child support and the child is on state assistance he will be responsible for that child's insurance. You should be unaffected.

    Answer by MoonFox4 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

  • No.

    Answer by cynzbryte at 11:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

  • I would not think so but I would call your case worker if I were you to be sure.

    Answer by Dardenella at 11:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2013

  • contact welfare office and get detailed

    Answer by ketharin21 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2013

  • Not necessarily. It is possible to have Medicaid as a secondary insurance.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

  • No but your insurance will become the secondary insurance while boy friends will be primary

    Answer by Nimue930 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

  • Thanks everyone for your answers, they were a BIG help, and yes i did contact HRA, everyone was right i will become unaffected


    Comment by may503 (original poster) at 2:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.