What can I do with precooked sliced smoked sausage?

I usually put it in red beans and rice, but I don't have the ingredients right now. A friend brought me some sausage left over from the breakfast at the hotel where she works. I have eggs and cheese, rice, spaghetti and sauce, instant potatoes, but nothing is jumping out at me. I'd like to serve the sausage for dinner tonight. Any ideas?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Look up Charleston bake. Crouton bottom with a little drizzled butter egg/milk mix, cheese -sausage-cheese You can get creative with this recipe and add sautéed onions- I also mix spicy mustard or horseradish with the egg- milk mix.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Fajitas just fry up the sausage with peppers & onions.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• You could use it to flavor mac and cheese, pasta sauce, or quiche.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I would mix it into Pasta with red sauce.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I have made it with spaghetti. What i did was saute the sausage with olive oil, and garlic, and onions. If you have peppers you can toss some in. Then i toss the sausage over the spaghetti. It came out delicious.
    WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• You could dice it up and toss it wit cooked pasta. If you have vegies cut them bite sized and steam or sauté mix together and make a little white sauce mix and eat.

Dices in eggs is great. I often make burritos with eggs, cheese, meat (sausage ham or bacon) onions and peppers (if I have them) and salsa.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I think it will work well with any of those options. Omelettes, diced into sauce, pan fried with mashed potatoes for a side and a veggie. If you are feeling adventurous sausage could flavor a soup. Not sure what your weather is like but it is dreary on this side of the mountains.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• If it is link...jambalaya.Saute some onions and garlic or add garlic powder with water( and bell peppers if you have them ) add the sausage.Add rice and water or a mix of broth and water is good ,Diced tomatoes or a can of tomato sauce ,spice it up as much as you like.I go for low moderate and add at the table.Boil the rice with stuff in it.When the rice is ready it is done.I make this with chicken ,pork tenderloin leftovers ,links ,shrimp.Sometimes it is a planned on the menu dinner other times I have some of the meats grilled and leftover but not enough for a meal alone so jambalaya it is.I hate wasting meat. My teens love corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes with a drizzle of Ranch as a side but any veggie will do.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• It can be used in spaghetti. Or if you have BBQ sauce you can toss cut up pieces of it with that and mix it together in a skillet with hash browns, onions & bell pepper.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Breakfast tacos, frittata, jambalaya
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2013