What do you think of Texans?

I am a Texan and from the west part.I have had ppl tell me my accent is different from the North of Texas..I do say ya'll alott!!! And you hear Texas has the most friendly ppl.Not bashing Wyoming or places way up there but one of My sisters moved to Wyoming yrs ago.and my other sisters went to stay with her awhile. Not just singling Wyoming out, I have never been so I can't say.They say that ppl there wouldn't help another person out with anything.her husband was stranded on side of the road there for hours and hours with ppl just passing by never helped.Here in Texas ppl wouldn't think, well for most of them anyways of not rendering help and that they hated Texans especially, I just was curious as to what anyone thought of Texas and if you have been what did you think of the ppl???& Just Texas in general?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Travel

• i lived in texas for a year when my husband was in the army. when we got out and about and away from the base people where for the most part very nice. Around the army base not so much and killeen which is just mins from ft hood isnt a town i would want to raise kids in but i think its to be expected around a army base. But like i said outside of town the further we would get from base people were always very nice.
    Anonymous

• I don't think of Texans.
    Anonymous

• honestly when i think of texas i think of excess... i think about how houson tx has the fattest people in the world! that "everything is bigger" but that is gross to me... idk if texans are nice or not i would never want to go there... i would just keep on heading to mexico!! i do know people who had to move there and said the only place to live is Austin because it is more liberal, logaical, has some real culture (like music scene, art scene.) sorry if that is offensive buy you asked!
    Anonymous

• I'm from Texas originally. I've traveled to many places in this world, and the two nicest places I've lived are Texas and Spain. Texas is beautiful, the people are for the most part extremely nice. Most of us don't think bigger is better lol. Yes, some do drive big trucks and some have big houses (cause the market is cheaper down there), but we're not all about "excess" at all. Most of the people I grew up with are hard working, they work dusk til dawn, they grow their own foods, they respect nature. They will help you out with anything at all. Austin is a great place it's true, but so is San Antonio, and Galveston, and Amarillo, and everywhere in between. There are some places I wouldn't want to live there of course, but that's like anywhere. I don't find your answer offensive though anonymous, but you must never have been.

http://www.traveltex.com/Index.aspx
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• http://www.traveltex.com/Region.aspx?ID=3
    AprilDJC

• Howdy again;))I didn't ask you if you think of Texas I simply asked you like this..if ever or have you ever heard much about Texas and if you have what did you hear of it..DANG!!! Just b.s.ing.Like wherever your from, What's it like there, the ppl, weather etc..., I miss Caly's citrus smell when I was a kid and lived there yrs with my grandparent's.
    Anonymous

• We live in the Poconos and unfortunately when your stuck on the side of the road your there. It happened to me in my own community this past winter and not one person stopped to help me. I have to tell you that alot of the people are from NJ and NY and I think they have the city mentality and it wasn't that way when I was growing up here.

robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Honestly? I'm from the northeast and there are a TON of steroetypes about texans up here - fat, loud, obnoxious republicans that are all about jesus, football and beauty paegents Also the majority of people I know think texans sound uneducated with their accent and can't take them seriously. You asked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Yes I asked and that's funny!!!!especially the football part..it's true on that and I hate it and I' from Texas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I know quite a few Texans and some match the stereotype.. some dont.. lol.. but then again, I am from the Northwest (now I live in Utah but thats a whole other story) and there are tons of stereotypes about us too... hippies.. body hair.. vegans.. tree huggers.. coffee drinking people with webbed feet since it rains so much.. and hell, most of those are true of alot of us. haha
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 11:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2009