What is the most valuable thing you own?

Why is it valuable?

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 3:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2013 in Money & Work

• LOL well yes you own your brain, not quite what I was thinking but cool.

I was serious though... it houses all my memories, my education, my love for my family.... my ability to do everything I love... It's priceless!! ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• To someone else or to me?
    I don't OWN my kiddos, but I do own my pets, they are valuable to me because I love them, and they love all of us, when my recent dog passed, I think it was worse than when my grandmother died, he was my constant companion, he would go to work with me, everywhere.
    I have things that people would say are "worth" something but to me it isn't that big of deal when you have love given back to you from a pet.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• My brain... thinking that's self-explanatory!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Of monetary value? My truck! I just finished paying it off! It's all mine!!! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Picture albums. That is probably the only thing I would grab out of my house. Except the imprtant papers. If I had to leave my house quickly.

Answer by louise2 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Financially, other than my house - all mine, my engagement ring; jointly with my husband, his classic Porsche.
    Emotionally, my box with picture albums, baby books, memorabilia, etc

Answer by missanc at 5:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Probably my engagement/ wedding ring set. Not monetarily cuz it's not an elaborate diamond set (I do not wear diamonds!!!). But dh found the perfect set for me when he was traveling in Wales, and carried it with him till he got home. It means everything to me
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• My van, because of the things we own outright it has the highest resale value.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I agree that we do not own our kids, I wasn't thinking of people or pets, though I have to agree with you, my dogs are always there to love us and tells us everything will be ok.

It doesn't matter whether it is monetarily or emotionally or even I suppose historically.
    I have items that might be historically valuable that probably would fetch a hand full of dollars at most.

I have a ring that my father bought me for no reason at all other than that he loved me. It is an opal and I am sure it is worth something.
    I have a reverse etching that I still have not gotten back to the area it was done in (California) No one seems to have any information but 20 years ago, sight unseen a curator told me he would give me $20,000.00 for it. I said no.

I have a Prussian Military matchbox. I have no idea how much it is worth monetarily but it has been in my family for year also given by my dad.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2013