Is there such thing as a....

is there such a thing as a wedding counselor? Not like a planner.. but a person that can tell you what is proper etiquette.. like I have a kid, and now we're going to get married, possibly a small ceremony on the beach. but there's like 300 questions I have.. like what kind of wedding are you supposed to have after you've had a kid? Idk, so does anyone know of a wedding guru or website that can help me? I have all sorts of questions and need direction.

Mom2vanna

Asked by Mom2vanna at 1:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a lot of questions when I was about to get married too because I have a step-dad who raised me and now my mom is remarried and everyone was going to be there and who should give me away...whew...glad it's over. Don't know if there is such a counselor but I can tell you this, it is your wedding and what makes you happy is the right thing to do...period. There are soooo many different types of wedding situations and your's is your's and the only one you may ever have so do it your way.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 1:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I agree with the first answer on the fact that you (hopefully) only get married this once. Whatever makes you happy and will give you the great memories to look back on is what you should do. That said, if you are curious on etiquette and the like, then most wedding planners are also knowledgable on those things as well. I had once contemplated becoming a wedding planner, and read books about the subject. Some of them may know nothing, but many of them will have the answers you're looking for. I would call around. But at the end of the day, it's whatever makes you happy.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I agree with the above moms that whatever makes you happy and works for you is ok. The experts disagree on the fine points of ettiquette in this day and age, make it your special day and don't stress on what's "right".
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Do what your heart tells you. It has been many years but I still wish I had included certain people and taken certain pictures. Make sure with your pictures your write a list of particular pictures you want. I didn't do that and have alot of stupid pictures and we don't have a nice one of us and my husband's grandparents.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2009