Since it's everything is pink month again

Do you intentionally buy or avoid pinkwashed products in October?

Do you check to see if the company is actually donating the bulk of the money raised to breast cancer research, first?

ETA: forgot the link that brought this up:

For Every $100 Of NFL Pink Merchandise Sales, Only $3.54 Goes Toward Cancer Research

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't buy the pink stuff. If I want an organization to get money I give directly to the organization.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I don't buy pink things. I avoid them. I know that pennies go to the cause. It's a a gimmick.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I don't -but I'm not big on wearing pink or having pink things either...

I will be wearing a pink tutu (that was given to me) and pink glow sticks (I bought) and I'll donate a bit when we do our party in pink next Saturday *zumba party to raise money
    but other than that...nope
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I'll admit I avoid the pink merchandise. Nothing against the women and men who have been affected by breast cancer, it just the amount of publicity, funding, etc that breast cancer gets vs ALL the other types of cancer is SO disproportionate. It's a bit off putting. Not to mention, the questions of how much of the proceeds that actually go to research.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I don't intentionally buy anything with the pink ribbon on it. If it's something I usually buy I buy it... no matter what color it is that month!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I do not buy anything causer related, I donate to the actual organizations.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 7:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I avoid it. For every dollar that is raised for the American Cancer Society 75 cents goes to administrative costs
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I don't go out of my way, if I am going to donate money it will be directly to those who are affected. My cousin for example needs help with bills, because his sin has cancer, I'd much rather give him cash than go by a sticker, shirt, hat ect. that will not help him. 

skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:43 AM on Oct. 12, 2013

• SGK and some of the other cancer charities are some of the worst offenders when it comes to letting most of their donations go to administration costs. Some of those fat cats at the top of the big charities get lavish salaries and bonuses.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:58 AM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I do not intentionally go out of my way to buy stuff with a pink ribbon on it. I know most of my money will never reach REAL research anyway, so why bother. But as someone else said, if I'm going to buy it anyway....doesn't matter much then.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2013