Do you know anything about limping cats?

My cat is 10 years old and she was recently playing with her toy and hit her paw on my end table. Since then, she's been limping. It was quite a few days ago. I was touching her paw and everytime I do, she cries and takes it away. I don't expect anyone to be experts but I was wondering if I should wait a few more days and see if she will be okay or take her to the vet.

What could a vet do if it's broken, if anything?

sweetsavannah10

Asked by sweetsavannah10 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2013 in Pets

• A vet can certainly put it in a cast if it's broken. She can also prescribe pain medicine. I'd take her in because it's been "quite a few days" according to your post and she's still in pain.

tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• If my foot or hand were in so much pain I cried when someone touched it I would go to the doctor to have it examined. Your cat deserves a visit with the vet.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• well I know if she is limping you should take her to the vet, she needs an x-ray, she has suffered enough by this time.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• TAKE THE CAT TO THE VET!!! Not doing so is cruel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Thanks, I called my mom the other day to ask her and she said the cat is fine. So I figured I would ask what others thought. I have her an appointment scheduled for tomorrow!
    sweetsavannah10

Comment by sweetsavannah10 (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• A vet would cast it just like they do with humans
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• She may have broken a toe and if that is the case there is nothing the vet can do. But you should still take her in and have an x-ry done to be sure.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• How is the cat doing?
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• I took her to the vet. Nothing was broken, it was just hurt. She was actually doing better but then she went to jump on the arm of our couch and she misjudged the jump and fell, so she is hurt again :(
    sweetsavannah10

Comment by sweetsavannah10 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Sounds like a bruise. It happens. I have one on my leg too.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2013