What three things would the older you tell the younger you?

If you could go back in time and find the younger you, where would you go and what three things would you say,?

For me I'd go back to college and say:
1. When the cute blonde boy stops you to ask you out, keep walking
2. Add a foreign language to your courses
3. It's totally ok and healthy to be alone. Learn to love your own company
You?

Nimue930

Asked by Nimue930 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2013 in Just for Fun

• 1.) Stay home on 07/13/90!
    2.) Change your major, focus more on technology or healthcare.
    3.) Go straight to grad school, not working, after getting your Bachelor's.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• 1. It's okay to let go. Holding on to anger and resentment just keeps you bitter. Forgive for yourself and move forward knowing better next time.
    2. Trust your instincts, they are there for a reason. Never second guess your choices, for you are living the path you have chosen.
    3. Take lots of pictures.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• The most honest answer I can give is that I would go back to my fifth grade classroom and tell my eleven-year-old self to stick to the truth about the abuse that she had finally gotten fed up enough with to take to CPS, no matter how hard Mom pressured her to recant the story. I would urge her to be brave and tell the social workers absolutely everything. I would plead with her to believe me that protecting the family image wasn't her job, keeping the family together wasn't her job, and making a conscious choice to submit to the abuse for the next eight years so her brother and sister wouldn't be removed from the home and put in foster care was a bad idea and a sacrifice that would never be understood or appreciated by those she made it for.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Everything you think makes you cool, is actually turning you into a looser...like skipping class and smoking!

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 7:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• actually the only thing I'd say to younger me is, you will fight your weight forever. It's a fact. Love yourself and start dancing now and never stop!
    ****

other than that...if I told myself to go to a real college or whatever (like I should have) I wouldn't have the husband and kids and life I do so...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Relax

Oh
    Relax

and Relax
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Trust your instincts and follow them. Speak up for yourself. You are loved.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I doubt the younger me would listen. I was stubborn.
    1. Do not run away from home.
    2. Stick it out at home and finish school.
    3. Stick it out and do not have sex. Tell you can get on BC. (My mom would not let me get on BC because my dad would not allow it )

Answer by louise2 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• 1) DON'T get Germany as your first duty station in your contract when you join the Army.
    2) DON'T marry the asshole (I'd actually use his real name)
    3) #2 wouldn't really apply if #1 happened

Those are really the only two things that I regret in my life. Everything else has been a learning experience of some kind or other.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Don't be in such a hurry to be grown up....everything comes and goes...enjoy the moment!

Answer by older at 8:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2013