Is anyone a haircolor specialist ?? Need advice.!

I have been dying to get this pretty color. Today i went to the salon and showed the hairdresser the color i wanted. I have dark brown hair, i wanted something reddish. Well, it didn't turn out that way. It's very dark, and you can hardly see any red. She says she didn't realize my hair was so dark, and every customer is different. She said in a few months we can try again, and she would use a little bleach. In the meantime i don't like this color, i think its too dark.  Even my kids think its too dark.    I was thinking of adding some reddish highlights. I know they sell the ones with the cap that you can do at home, but i don't know what is a good brand or what color to get. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much.

I wish i can post a picture here of the color i wanted and the color i have, but it won't allow me to post. I can message it though.

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• She says she didn't realize my hair was so dark, and every customer is different. She said in a few months we can try again, and she would use a little bleach.

So much BS in this portion.
    Try Just for Brunettes (Sally's is where I buy it) and like above, use 30.
    My hair is almost black and I have gone Fire Red for years.
    Give your hair a week and use a protein treatment before dying again.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Don't highlight at home. You'll deeply regret it. Orange hair is what you'll get

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I wonder if maybe she is a newb? I would go to someone else.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• No,but I had a friend that allowed an aunt to do the cap thing. She looked like a leopard,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• LOL. did you try it before?
    WifeyandMom71

Comment by WifeyandMom71 (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• if you want lighter-that is going to involve bleach...
    my suggestion is give this color a few days and then see what you think.
    If you still want it lighter have a different person do it for you- a colorist
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• charlotsomtimes, i asked when i made the appt. and i was told she was a hair color specialist. But, now i am not so sure.
    WifeyandMom71

Comment by WifeyandMom71 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• You can buy color stripper to lighten where you want it red. To avoid orange, also buy some blue tint. If you go to a beauty store like Sally's, or the equivalent, they will help you to pick the good brands. Also use 30 volume or above when you are dying red, and it will show better.
    stormqueen

Answer by stormqueen at 10:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Some of the names are off, so here's a link

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

*******

I would NOT try this... first- trying this when you don't really know what you're doing could be a disaster. messing with stripper -yikes. 2nd -putting 30 vol. on after using stripper?
    *and to avoid orange-buy blue tint?
    *red is kind of a pain
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2013