Is anyone doing anything for Columbus Day? Are your kids out of school on Monday?

I know that for some Columbus Day is controversial. Is it for you? Are you doing anything for Columbus Day? Are your kids out of school on Monday?

I am taking my son to see the replicas of the Pinta and Nina. They will be in a town near us for the next week or so. For those who have not seen them, they are floating museums that go to different ports.

My son's school has Monday off for Fall Break.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2013 in Holidays

• Kids have school (thank goodness) because DH will be working all day and I have to now as well, my boss has a funeral and I have to cover her shift.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Kids are out of school and we are going to parent teacher conferences that day.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• Kid has school..it's my birthday. lol nothing to special planned though(I'm broke!)
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• My daughter's school doesn't give Columbus Day as a holiday, but she'll have one half day and one full day off during that week for parent/teacher conferences anyway. We don't usually do anything for Columbus Day, but the replicas of the Nina and Pinta sound fascinating.

I have a friend whose family has two old clunker cars. She calls them the Nina and the Pinta.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• They had today and Monday off. We will go it six flags Monday but nothing to celebrate Columbus Day just for a fun girls day off.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:16 AM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I have no problem with it.
    Kids are out. We have parent teacher conferences.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2013

• My child has school & hubby and I both have to work. The only thing I celebrate about that day is since mail isn't being delivered, I won't get any bills that day! lol ;p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2013