OK, need your opinion...do you invite kids to your child's birthday if they did not ....

invite YOUR child to their's? my dd's bday is coming up & recently wasn't included again by 2 people but others were in her class. This is all new to me my dd is turning 7. What do ya think? invite all the girls in the class which are 8 or 9 or skip the couple that didnt invite her? thanks!

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• People have all sorts of reasons for inviting/not inviting kids. If someone limits the total number of guests, it usually implies choices of some kind. It doesn't necessarily reflect negatively on the friendship.

I think it's fine to invite kids who didn't invite your own child. If you plan to invite all the girls in her class, but second-guessed whether you should include girls who didn't include your daughter at their parties, then I'd say don't think twice. Just invite them! But if you would rather have a smaller number of guests, by all means DON'T feel obligated to invite everyone!

If you are flexible about the number and you are just trying to figure out WHICH friends should be invited, consult your daughter. Find out what she thinks/how she feels, and make up the guest list based on that. But don't worry about whether or not those names are people who have included her.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2013

• If she wanted them there I'd still invite them. If she didn't care I probably wouldn't bother.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• If I were throwing a party for a 7 year old my child would be allowed to invite 7 guests that SHE wanted there.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2013

• I agree only invite who she wants there, wether or not they invited her. I usually say pick so many so make them count or I'll invite the whole class it really depends on the cost.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:14 AM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I guess it would depend on if your daughter really wants those girls to be there or not. If it was a big deal to her, I'd invite them, even if she didn't go to their parties. If she was on the fence about it, or really didn't care if those girls came, I'd pass.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:27 AM on Oct. 12, 2013

• My daughters invite the children they want to invite. I'm not into bean-counting, especially when children are involved.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 5:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I invite whoever they tell me they want to invite. It doesn't matter to me if they invited my kids to their party or not.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2013