Would you keep your children's father from the children??

&& for what reason?? Besides the obvious; abuse, neglect, molestation etc.
No drama, just curious.

Kimeley

Asked by Kimeley at 1:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If he had a girlfriend I didn't like for a very good reason I would.
    Anonymous

• i have bc he attempted suicide infront of both of us but as long as hes on his meds i let her around hime but hes deff on his last strike i figured some day if she remebers we will discuss it then and ill explain but until then even tho i think hes ass she deserves her father
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 1:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Probably just the basics...abuse, neglect, if he had a bad addiction.

Not sure if Id keep them from him if he had a new lady I didnt like...would depend on how serious they were(like living together/married/etc) and if she had abuse or addiction issues.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• unless he is dangerous to her NO Never I believe he has just as much right to have just as much time with her as me. Unless he was leaving her with people I don't trust or abusive in some way he would have all the visits he wants. I was raised without a father because my mom was mad at him for cheating on her. He was not allowed around and she moved accross a couple states to keep my away from him. It is horrible being raised without a parent just cause one is selfish
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• WOW!! No never! Some women are so damn jealous of the fact that the father is married to another woman n never to them. Get over it. I never understood why our bm keeps her son from his father.
    Anonymous

• no not over another woman but i did keep my kids away from theyre father cuz he was very abusive and tried to kill me
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Nope unless it was something like you said.
    LND

Answer by LND at 1:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Not unless it was somehow harmful for my child to be around them
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't try to keep my daughter from her father.. he's a good guy and when we leave him it will only be because we weren't right for eachother. But she will still know her father.
    I can understand some people keeping their kids away from the baby daddy. My sister's ex tried to kill her a couple of times, now he says he's changed and wants to see his kids but its all just a show for his new girlfriend. We've been through this multiple times with him and its always just an excuse to try and get close enough to hurt her again. For that reason, along with the fact that the 3 year old doesn't want his dad around and the 1 year old couldn't care less.. we dont' let the father see the kids.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Only for the obvious reasons you listed. Think of it like this, I LOVE my father, I want my children to have that opportunity.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009