Maybe our kids should be in charge

Yesterday, my dau overheard a mention on the news of the latest state to consider same sex marriage. She asked about my cousin & her partner who got married in Mexico last year. I said that the state of MI has not passed a law that recognizes their marriage as legal yet. She asked, "is that b/c they are lesbians?" I said, "Yes" Her response: "Well that's just messed up"

If an 11 y/o can see it, why can't the others?! -Sigh ;/

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2013 in Just for Fun

• You have a smart kid. I like her innocent logic that has not yet been corrupted by hate and suspicion.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Heh heh. When I was 14 I ticked off my parents by asking some very logical questions about Prop 13 in California. There are some VERY GOOD things about Prop 13, but my dad made the statement that it would force politicians to stop wasting money.... a feature not included ANYWHERE in the ballot measure, and I pointed that out.

California still managed to waste lots o'money in the ensuing years, despite Prop 13. And Californians went nuts passing all kinds of referendums, some good and some bad. I still believe a lot of the state's problems are based in an initiative process run wild.

I sometimes wonder what Dad would think about Jerry Brown being back in the Gov's office now; dad died back in 2005.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2013