Stainless Steel kitchen sink

We would like to change over to stainless steel appliances. As our appliances start to go, we plan to replace with stainless steel. But what about the sink? We actually will need a sink first. I think the stainless steel sinks look a little cheap. What do you think about them? Do they scratch? Is it weird to have stainless everything else and a white sink?

mompam

Asked by mompam at 2:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I have stainless & it's the biggest pain in the ass to keep clean. As soon as we remodel again I'm ditching stainless. The sinks are fine just everything else.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I love my stainless steel sink. I agree with funlovinlady about stainless appliances, they are constantly covered with fingerprints and smears.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I love my stainless steel sinks. Here's a tip for you: Run them full of warm water and pour in about half a cup of Clorox. Let it set for 45 minutes or so. Then drain and rinse it. Then every night before you go to bed, wipe it down with a dry dish cloth. It will stay shiny and clean!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I have a huge double under mount stainless steel sink & I love it. I think it looks Maaaavelous!! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Not loving my stainless steel sink, would like to replace it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Love my stainless sink and appliances(the new slate appliances are really nice) but my appliances are the type that don't show fingerprints.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I love my big deep stainless steel sink! I use an sos pad on it and it gleams.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I loved the stainless steel sink we had int he apartment we used to live in. Not as fond of the porcelain sink we have now; it's too small for big pans to fit in well. We've put in a hose faucet to make it better, but I want a stainless one with a big basin on one side, and a smaller one for cleaning veggies/ running the disposal.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2013