Baby wont Breastfeed anymore

I had to stop breastfeeding for two weeks because I was taking an antibiotic and now baby won't nurse anymore 😞 what can I do to her her to feed again?

Could I just feed her baby food until she eventually laches back on and stop giving her formula?

Oh baby is 7 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First, go beat the doctor who told you you could not nurse. ANTIBIOTICS ARE SAFE!

No, you cannot just give baby food. She'll be nutritionally shortchanged. Please google KELLYMOM BACK TO BREAST. You will find GREAT info on getting baby back to breast.

And I will lend you my baseball bat for use on that stupid doctor. Docs are very ignorant about breastfeeding; whenever you need a med google LACTMED and check out your meds on that database. There are very very few that are truly unsafe for nursing.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• You insist her drink breast milk. Pump them.

Answer by louise2 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• stop giving her formula?

NO... Breast milk or formula... but don't stop on of them!! Pump and put it in a bottle if you have to. Talk to your doc!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2013