Charlie Hunnam Drops Out of 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/charlie-hunnam-drops-fifty-shades-648066

Good or bad career move?  (personally, I think it's good, even if the movie is a hit, it's still based on crap fiction)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2013 in Entertainment

• Didn't think he was right for the part anyways.

Answer by louise2 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I can't say I really care WHO it is, but he was not what I envisioned. But then of course the fantasy man you see in your head while reading will never compare to anyone they put on the screen.

I can't wait for it to come out! There will be parties galore and I will be one happy lady!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Yep, he must have read the script.

I'll admit, I got sucked in and read all of those horrible books. I couldn't help it, it was like watching a train wreck in motion. Anyway, I have no idea how they're going to make it a workable film. You'd almost have to put all 3 books into 1 movie because most of the books comprise of wretched inner dialog repeating things like "my inner goddess" and calling her vagina her "sex". As in, "he touched my sex". (SMH) The only decent parts were the email exchanges, which I believe someone other than E.L. James wrote, honestly.

Smart move on Charlie's part. Especially since a whole slew of A listers already turned down the role.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• He was the only reason I wanted to watch it.... so we'll see. Probably for the best that he dropped out though
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I have no idea who he is anyway. I couldn't get halfway passed the first book.. louuusy writing.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I won't be watching it now, then. lol

As far as his career....I kinda think it'll probably be good. The way those books were written, they'll pretty much have to cut all the sex out to keep it from just being a porno, and once you cut the sex out, there's really nothing left. The books weren't that good, so I honestly don't think the movie will be that good either. He's got Sons on his resume now, and he's been in several other movies that I think will do more for her career than this would.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I haven't even touched the books, don't really care about the movie. Not my kind of thing.

As to whether it was a good move for him to drop out? I'm not sure. Either choice would probably have its pros and cons.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I have no reason to watch now. Never had a desire to read the books, still don't. I would have only watched it to see him in the role.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I heard the writing was so bad that as a Lit major it would probably bug me. Overall, the plot doesn't interest me at all so maybe he just saved his career? Who knows.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• ^^^ The 50 Shades books are actually written more poorly than the Twilight "novels" they were inspired by. Seriously, I have no idea why they were ever published. I guess other than "sex sells".
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2013