My world has just been turned upside down and I don't know what to believe now.

We just got home and on the way up the stairs my son points out a granddaddy long legs and proceeds to tell me that it is not a spider. I looked it up because I just knew that he was mistaken. Boy, was I wrong but at least I know now. 

Have you learned anything interesting lately?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2013 in Just for Fun

• WORST POST EVER
    WORST POST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIGHTMARES TONIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• I learned that I need to say something else when I get hurt. Unfortunately DD stubbed her toe, and yelled "son of a bitch" clear as day. Ugh, this is what I get I guess. I told her it was a naughty word and she can't say it anymore, then went into the kitchen and let out a little laugh. It was more laughing at myself than her saying it.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Krokodile. Just a big yikes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Very interesting, JeremysMom. I just learned something new. I had no idea there was a subsection of arachnids called harvestmen.

My stepson loves household experiments, so we learned recently that if you lay a wooden spoon across a full pot of water and then get the water boiling, it won't boil over. The wooden spoon breaks up the foam, like sticking your finger in the fizz from a soda pop.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

• The Pholcidae? They are spiders

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• http://www.chattanoogan.com/2008/6/23/130290/The-Truth-About-Granddaddy-Longlegs.aspx

This was an article written by one of the naturalist at a nature center. It says that they are a type of arachnid but they belong to a group called harvestmen not spiders.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Today I learned that the Church of Scientology has a program to take kids and use them as slave labor while brainwashing them.  They send them to sea, so they can do this in international waters, making them harder to prosecute.  They also make the kids sign a billion year contract into the program.

There's a woman who escaped trying to sue them for it.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• this guy?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

•  or this one?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Yes, and I have been doing more research and it looks like there is daddy longs legs which are not spiders and then there are daddy long leg spiders. 

opiilinid Not a spider

holplu1

A spider

My world has been restored! Lol.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2013