Has anyone given birth at 34-36 weeks? How was baby health wise?

I've gone into preterm labor twice so far with this pregnancy and I'm only 31 weeks...my doctor is guessing that I may only make it to 34ish weeks but I'm hoping to make it a little longer.

Have any of you given birth at 34-36 weeks or around that time? How much did your baby weigh? How were they as far as lung development? Any health issues?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I gave birth at 37 wks with both of my girls. My oldest ended up with jaundice but, that was b/c I had preclampsia with her. My youngest was perfectly healthy. Hopefully you'll make it to then. Good luck OP.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• a friend of mine just gave birth at 35 weeks. the baby was fine, no lung problems, or anything. she stayed in the NICU for a few nights to make sure she was healthy, but that was it. she's gained weight on schedule and you'd never know she was born early. i think she weighed 5 something at birth.

hope you make it as long as possible and have a healthy baby!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Best wishes that you make it as far as possible and have a safe delivery and a healthy baby. Medical care has advanced so much now that by the time of 34 or even 32 weeks of gestation, many babies do perfectly fine.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Oh, one other thing. Has your doctor talked to you about administering steroids in the coming weeks to help the baby's lungs develop more quickly?

Having been a preemie myself, I learned from my mom that one of the very last things to develop on a baby is the valve that keeps food from going back up into the esophagus from the stomach. She found that feeding two ounces or less every two hours worked out a lot better than larger, less frequent feedings.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Usually the baby is fine. Ask your OB to prescribe you some Terbutaline to help lower the risk of preterm labor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2013