Is it to much for a 5 yro to watch disney

my friend wanted me 2 ask since used to watch her kid and will once I have my baby and get settled in her dd watches shake it up, wizards of waverly place, suite life on deck
(and first one,suite life of zack and cody), kickin it, Jessie, good luck Charlie, and dog with a blog!!!!!!!!!

mommyformany

Asked by mommyformany at 11:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2013 in Entertainment

• I think maybe still a little too young
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Why not nick Jr, Sprout, or PBS programming?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2013

• Honestly, most of those shows will go right over the hed of an average five-year-old. My teenage stepson has had them on now and then, and my five-year-old has all but ignored them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

• well, my 5 year old watches shake it up and good luck Charlie but she does not understand them she like shake it up for the dancing and good luck Charlie for Charlie, it is not an every day watch though just when she happens to scroll and its there and catches her attention.

Right now she is into watching Paw Patrol, My Little Pony and Pound Puppies mostly.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 1:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

• those arent shows id pick out for a 5 year old. they're not bad, just not the best entertainment for whats available kwim? with all the great shows for that age group on Nick Jr, Disney Jr, and PBS kids why watch stuff made for tweens? my DDs 5 and loves Jack & the Neverland Pirates, My Little Ponies, Curious George, etc. she watched a few episodes of Hannah Montana a while back and it was just so over her head that she stopped on her own (sooo glad for that haha).

id try showing her some of the shows made for 5 year olds and see if she likes them better...i would imagine she would.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Like the others have said, those shows aren't really geared for children that young. They aren't bad, just not for that age group. I could see her possibly liking Suite Life on Deck & Good Luck Charlie, but there are better choices for kids her age on the channels some of the others have mentioned.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

• No..I don't think so..I allow my 2yr old to watch. The shows you
    mentioned are more like tweeney shows and not ment for a 5 yr old.
    Honestly , I like that show Good Luck Charley..it is pretty decent and reminds me
    of when I was that age ( I am now almost 40 :-/ ) but I still like it ; it has
    a cute premise and some funny people in it.

~Cyn

http://www.cafemom.com/group/NATURALMoms
    cynzbryte

Answer by cynzbryte at 7:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

• I have no problem with those shows or Disney in general unless I see something on a show that I thoroughly am opposed to kids copying.
    I am opposed to anyone dictating in my house what the child will be watching as opposed to a list of approved shows.
    Children need to be outside playing IMO and inside with blocks and colors etc. The occasional show that YOU choose for them to watch, is fine.
    On the other hand if mom said Shake it up was totally inappropriate and she did not want her daughter watching it. I would respect that and choose a different one or decline to babysit, if it were a big issue.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Honestly I think it's too young. I wouldn't let my 16 year old watch those shows. ( not that she would want to anyway)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• PBS kids is good :)
    JennaBea

Answer by JennaBea at 5:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2013