presidents

so as we grow up we learn all about the presidents past and present ones.
however i dont understand why everyone is making such a big fuss about our new president.
ok so hes the first black president...good for america for not judging a man on his race but does he really deserve all the attention yet?
im not against him and not nessacarly for him either he wasnt my vote but he is still our president and does deserve respect and should get the benafit of the doubt till he does wrong.
I just dont think we should all be warshiping the ground he walks on yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you to an extent, We celebrated, its over, hes the first Black President, everybody knows it. Now it is time to sit back and watch how this stimulus will playout in the econonomy. But if you ask me, I think he's doing a find job SO FAR.
    Anonymous

• I voted for him but am far from worshipping the ground he walks on. I am sitting back and waiting for him to prove to me (and many others) that he did indeed deserve my vote. As for the people that think he can do no wrong. They need to grow up and realize that he is human just like any other president before him. He will screw up, it's going to to happen, it always does. And to the people who bash him. Remember he is our president needs our support, unless he screws up to much or to big.

Of course JMHO
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I think he is doing a find job so far too, find more money, find more braindead to worship him, find more $100 lb. steak, find more heat for the oval office, find more great clothing for MIchelle, find more tax dollars of ours, find more terrorists to have tea with, find more cities to visit, find more donations for 2012, find more cabinet members with tax problems, find more journalists to refuse to answer their questions, find more ways to lock himself out of his own office, hehe.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• just because we voted for him dosen't mean we worship him as some may say. he was a man who ran the Presidency and thats all i see. he got my vote on what i believe and thats all...
    Anonymous

• Oh bea.....
    Anonymous

• People were disillusioned and disgusted with the former administration.  Many saw the Bush administration as a group of old men who cared only about the money lining their wallets who put beneficial programs in place only for big oil / big business.  Nothing was done for the little guy, Joe public.  I don't think people are worshipping the ground Obama walks on, I think people are ready for a change, a BIG change, and they are hoping against hope that he and his administration will bring that change to make a better USA for the whole population, not just the few rich that Bush concentrated on.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Sorry, I just had to. I couldn't come up with anything good regarding the Warship so I just let it rip with the "find job".
    Hey here's a new motto for Obama- Find job, have money.
    NO, that's more of a Republican chant isn't it??
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I try and avoid war shipping anyone. (sorry, that was mean).

Anonymous

• Why would one sit back and wait for any politician. Shouldn't you question, hold them accountable to their campaign promises(the reason why you voted for them, right?). They are elected to do a job, it is OUR RESPONSIBILITY to ensure they work for us. Questioning and holding accountable is what WE as concerned Americans should do, isn't it? If you sit back and waiting, what good does that do for the nation?  Other than allow politicians a free pass to do as they wish.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Okay, we can say that electing Obama is historical, and good for America for not judging him on his race (I'm not convinced on this point, but let's assume it for the record.) Now, let's stop giving him a free pass because of his race, and lets stop shouting down everyone who disagrees with him with shouts of ,"Racism" everytime somebody tries to say they don't like what he's doing. Despite what anybody thinks, it's NOT all about the color of his skin. Some of us don't like his policies or the direction he is taking our country.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2009