when breastfeeding my almost 2 month old, she always gulps so much that she chokes herself. Does anyone have any ideas how I can slow her down so she doesn't choke?

Also, she seems to get overly excited and pops herself off and on, almost fighting with the breast.

guava007

Asked by guava007 at 5:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You might want to join the breastfeeding moms group here....very supportive group. Go to 'groups and conversations' in green bar, top of this page, to find it. I used to gently slide my finger in to break the latch if my son was guzzling and stopped to burp often too.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Sounds like fast letdown. You slow her down by changing position. No "across the lap" for you. Find a seat that lets you lean back. A recliner is perfect for this. Lay baby on top of you, tummy to tummy, mouth on top of the breast. Latch. Gravity does the rest. Great info and pictures here: http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/fast-letdown/

Drop by the breastfeeding moms group for more info and help.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2013