Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

my mom was killed on september 14 of this year. i cant find anything out about the case because i only know the first name of the woman who was driving the car that killed her. isnt there another site

Answer Question

Asked by mammagonzalez at 11:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2013 in Relationships

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • Have you talked to the detectives or police agency that is investigating the case? That's were you should start.

    Answer by Crafty26 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • Do you know where it happened? Can't you google the name of the driver and whatever investigation or reports they have should also list other people that were in the accident. If it's not online, then call the department that has jurisdiction where this happened and they should be able to help at least get you a case number.

    Whether it was a sheriff's office, police department, etc. Where have you looked so far?

    I'm sorry for your loss.


    Answer by QuinnMae at 11:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • Agree with Crafty and Quinn

    Answer by KTElite at 11:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • Demand the police report.

    Answer by mompam at 12:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • I have called the officer in charge of her case and he tells me its still under investigation. He never gives me the last name of the lady. The accident happend just ariund the corner from my apt. Her and my brother had gotten off the max about 30 minutes before and they were walking to my house. My brother said she was just real happythat she was going to see me and my girls after two weeks of not coming over at all. She lived in vancouver neither of us had a car. So it took her about 3hrs to get from her place to mine. I didn't get to say good bye and its tearing me apart. Also I ciuldnt even see her cuz her forehead had split wide open from side to side. She didn't deserve this.

    Comment by mammagonzalez (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • Don't call, go down there in person, go to the records office, tell them you're looking for information about your mother's accident.

    Answer by NotPanicking at 12:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • Were there no news articles about this? That seems strange. What exactly are you trying to desipher here? Perhaps if we knew that it would be easier to help direct you.

    If you don't get answers then maybe call local media and ask if they have any reports or information on the accident because you are not getting anything from the police. This is a long time for an investigation like this to be going on.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 12:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • Storm the castle. Accident records are a matter of PUBLIC RECORD. They have to release the info to you. They can find it via your mother's name.

    You might also contact the district attorney's office. See if they have a division dealing with victims. That office can also give you help.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • Get the accident report. When my dad was killed on a car accident, all that info was on there. They are public record because wrongful death attorneys were chasing us for weeks after. We obtained ours online.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 12:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • I am sorry for the loss of your mother, police reports are public record, also there should have been a newspaper report somewhere, I would go back to the newspaper webpage, google your mother's name, and it should have some kind of article/report of the accident. I hope you are not planning on doing anything silly once you get this lady's name?

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.