Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Support payment question.

My stbx has been court ordered to pay CS & spousal. He has been current up until this month. His OT at work ended and so apparently the first thing he decided could wait/get chopped was my support. He claimed he'd pay me this (last) Friday. Nope. So, how long do I wait before 1.)saying something & 2.)taking action. I'm trying to remain civil and would like advice on how to deal with this.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2013 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • Payroll deduction.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • You say something RIGHT NOW. You don't wait. Contact the court. That is as civil as you get; your child's welfare is what matters.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • Are you depending on this money to live on? If so why? That money should be extra.

    Answer by louise2 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

  • Contact the court/ your attorney now.

    Answer by Dardenella at 1:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.