Do you read a question before answering?

Sometimes I read answers to some questions and think, 'Where the hell did that even come from?' Then I wonder if the person even bothered to read the question.

anime_mom619

Asked by anime_mom619 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I am guilty of sometimes only reading the title question before reading the content of the original post, which sometimes has subsequent questions that I fail to answer in my initial post. I'm trying to be better about that.

But yes, now that you mention it, there was one answer so far this morning that was a bit of a head scratcher. Although, there seems to be a little self promotion in that action so I figure it's not so much about giving a legitimate or well thought out answer as much as it is about exposure.

I'm quite sure that some new members don't really get that many of the answers members don't 'do' groups.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• yeah- even if i can taste a little bit of vomit in the back of my throat.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• I do, but a lot of times, I'd rather answer the title to the actual question.
    Some tend to go off topic with their questions and it leaves me thinking, WTF
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Quinn, I think we're thinking of the same answer! That was part of why I asked.

There are times when I just don't want to read a huge wall of text, but I usually just skip those questions altogether.
    anime_mom619

Comment by anime_mom619 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• I usually read the posted question. Then I answer. I read the other answers after.

Answer by louise2 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Spam is against the rules, and so is spamming to promote your group. The proper response to that person's particular posts (especially because they're usually completely off topic) is to report them as spam.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Yes I read the question but not necessarily the answers. I agree though I have seen question that I wonder if a good portion has been deleted because evene re reading I can't find what they are talking about.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• If it is one of those long long ones, with no paragraphs, I tend to skip through parts of it, have not read the whole thing, and then upon re-visiting it, found out I didn't get to an important part, lol.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Well, I do admit to having an answer in mind sometimes after just reading the title, then having to shift gears after reading the rest of the information. But in my experience, yes, reading the question does seem to help ensure that the question and the answer match up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• no i prefer kit kats to starburst.

see i always read the question
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2013