Has anyone completed a course at the U.S. Career Institute?

Tiffi-Shon

Asked by Tiffi-Shon at 12:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2013 in Money & Work

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • No, and I would never go there. It is a for profit school (they are only worried about making money and not educating students). They are also only national accredited and not regionally accredited. You need to find something that has regionally accreditation. What degree are you looking to obtain? I can give you some good options that would cost less than this school.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• That sucks because i have already completed a course in dental assisting. I havent paid all my tuition yet though. I'm just studying and getting ready to take the state exam. And will soon be doing volunteer work and/or hands-on training.
    Tiffi-Shon

Comment by Tiffi-Shon (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Tiffi, check with dental offices in your area to find out what they require from a dental assistant and if they have hired or would hire graduates from this school.

If you're getting ready to take the state exam, then you might be qualified to work once you've done it, without finishing a degree. I am also leery of for-profit career schools; many of them take in as many as they can but have no interest in making sure they actually graduate.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• started and never finished
    XOXOArmyWife

Answer by XOXOArmyWife at 7:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2014