How often does your Yucca plant bloom?

I don't know if we are having an incredible year for these or if they are supposed to bloom this often. This will be the second time for two of them and the third for one (3 stalks are coming up in one of them).

Also, do you prune the bottom leaves of the plant? Sometimes they just get to looking really anemic and a little yellow. We are on watering restrictions so we can only water once a week. Now that it's getting a little cooler it's not that big of a deal, but I'm wondering if pruning the bottom leaves off will make the plant a little healthier.

I'm horrible with plants and practically kill everything I am put in charge of.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 1:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Ours only bloom once in the spring. We don't do anything to ours except to cut out the bloom stalks after they die.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• It depends on our rainfall amounts, but usually twice a year. If we don't get any rain at all them they don't bloom. I've never trimmed mine.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• My mom had one for years when I was still at home and it never bloomed...
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 5:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2013