What is the best multivitamin for 18 months old?

My daughter doesnt drink formula and she does't like meat and chicken and i'm worried whether she gets enough vitamins or not, she loves fruits and some veggis

Fari75

Asked by Fari75 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This is a question for her doctor and a very good one. Children eat when they are hungry and can be very picky at times. The trick is not to over load the plate, noy to allow extra of a favorite food until at least a bite is taken of the other foods on the plates and to not have goodies for snacks, only a piece of chicken strip, a veggie etc. Formula can be mixed into cereal and she really does not need it any longer anyway.
    Unless your doctor is worried about her failure to grow (if it is an issue) you really do not have a problem. Honest.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Best to talk to her doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Ask her doctor, but unless there's a specific problem, most don't worry about multivitamins at this age. If your kiddo is deficient in some particular vitamin, the doctor can recommend liquid drops. The thing is, your toddler's tummy is only about the size of her clenched fist, so she won't eat much at a time. Mine wouldn't eat meat at that age for anything, so I gave her a lot of cheese, boiled or scrambled eggs, and yogurt.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Best one is the one your doctor recommends!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• I would also discuss with a doctor. I don't believe in giving children extra unless they're not getting what they need from their diet, but if I were to supplement I would prefer a doctor help determine how.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• I agree talk with your doctor. My son was born very small(on the verge of premie but he was 37 weeks).....the doctors kept him on formula until 18mths and then he was still tiny was always in the 5th percentile for weight etc. He was a good eater but we also gave him pedisure(doctor recommended it). Which helped.

You need to go in and talk with the child's doctor.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• an 18 month old does not require a multivitamin.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• A diet rich in fruits, vegetables and grains.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2013