Carrying super low and it's painful :( Anything I can do to relieve some of the pain?

I'm 31 weeks and I'm carrying low but it appears that baby has dropped a bit as well. I'm having some bad pelvic pain...it feels like she is going to fall out or my pelvis is just going to rip apart.

I didn't have this problem with my first pregnancy...I carried much higher and my daughter didn't drop until a few days before delivery.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You have my sympathy. That is quite painful. I remember it well. I remember lying on my back, knees bent, and a pillow under my butt to flex my hips helped some. Good luck
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• Talk to your doctor. He/she may give you a belly band for support

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• I had that with my second pregnancy and it was so painful. Mine started in the fourth month and lasted the whole time. I could barely walk. I was in college at the time and had to drop out of my thesis show because the pain was so severe. I dilated early too with that baby, so my labor was much shorter. He was the easiest of my three deliveries.

So hopefully you will get some of those good things too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• With each pregnancy, it gets worse, and it happens earlier...I don't envy you. I agree that propping up your butt while you lie down can help a little, at least until you stand up. Change positions often. Honestly, for me the relief never seemed to last long, but it was nice to at least have a little break from the pressure when possible.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• The Belly Bra helped me a little.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2013

• My daughter isn't too low but I know exactly how you are feeling except I can barely move now, I can't really turn at all in bed, can't get in and out if my car or even put my legs up to relax. My pelvic area feels like something could be broken in it. It's to the point I'm in pain even when I don't move. So trust me anyone whose going through pelvic pain has my greatest sympathy. I also just had to drop my classes for fall quarter but am returning in winter right after I have my daughter. Anytime I move or even try kegals I hear and feel popping and grinding. :'(
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 1:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2013