Buddhism resources for kids

Anyone know of any - I don't mean hey, go google Buddhism for kids and link it, I mean ones you've actually read and/or watched, and know they're accurate? Anything they don't cover that should be expanded on from elsewhere?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• This is a good question, I've wondered about this before. Unfortunately, I think the one person that may be able to answer self-deleted recently. :(
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Are you wanting Buddhist content, in terms of the values & message embedded in the material? Or more reference-type materials specifically "about Buddhism" that's geared toward children? Is this for "learning about" Buddhism or more to locate resources that would expose children to Buddhist values, beliefs & attitudes/perspective, and promote or reinforce a "Buddhist" approach to living, by virtue of their content & how they present it?

(I'm wondering if you're more wanting support for "bringing up young Buddhists" or if you're wanting reliable reference materials to help a child be informed about Buddhism.)

Do you know the line of children's biographies of famous religious figures by Demi? There's one on Buddha (there's another on the Dalai Lama.) It would be more informative for a child who is NOT too familiar with Buddhism than specifically for a Buddhist child. Our local library also has Demi's book of Buddha's stories.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• More like a Buddha wiki. I talked to Brawny about it outside cm since she's gone
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2013