Are you jealous because your child likes their Father more?

I am. My husband works 2nd shift and doesn't have to at work until 3pm. So he is home all day with our daughter who is only 3 months old. I on the other hand work the wonderful schedule of 8-5. By the time I get home it's 6pm, by then my baby is sleeping again. She wakes up about an hour later then she just hangs out for a bit and goes right back to bed. Wakes up around 9pm again just to eat stays up for an hour and knocks out until 7am the next morning. I HARDLY have anytime with her, when I try to play with her or make some type of cooing noises she totally just looks at me like I'm crazy. Then when she sees her dad she goes crazy!!!! She starts to "talk" and smile at him and moves her hands and feet all super excited about it. I'm soo jealous, to the point I don't really wanna bother playing with her anymore. Am I the only one that feels this way? Will it pass? What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• nope :) my kids like me more :)

the older she gets, the better she will recognize you, just make sure you spend as much time as you can with her and that it is good quality time like playing :)

I think you're facing the problem most dads feel about their kids since they normally are the ones working the shift you are on. Hang in there! it'll get better!
    Anonymous

• Hopefully, it will pass, do you get to spend the w/e w/ her?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My dds all like their dad more. I think its a daughter dad thing. My boys like me more. I just accept it.

Answer by gemgem at 1:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My son goes back and forth. I guess you are experiencing what many men go through and can understand why so many hold back.
    Anonymous

• My husband is the kid magnet...every kid on planet earth can just look at him and instantly want to play with him. Me on the other hand...they just sort of look at and walk away. I think it's just a matter of you spending more quality time with her and you two getting used to each other more. Be overjoyed that you have a husband that is such an amazing dad. It will all be fine. Just spend time with her and don't you dare stop playing with that baby.... :-)
    Anonymous

• My sons still like their Dad more. I resented it a bit way back when. I was always the one to insist on good behavior and to discipline. Daddy would get home after work and sit and read the paper, while I was dealing with the children.

Answer by Bmat at 3:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Nope sorry, all my kids like me more. Their dad is not around much even tho he lives w/ us. He is always @ work or school. he has alwyas had jobs w/ odd hours, but he does it so we can have a good life and I can be home w/ them.
    Anonymous