Do you think it is gross?

My DS only gets 3 baths a week. During the winter we are inside a lot so he really isn't that dirty. Besides that he has very dry skin and the baths seems to make it worse. WE only give him 3 a week (he is 27 months) anyone think that is gross?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well i give my daughter one every night but if that is what you feel is right and it works for you than do it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• That's about what my son gets. Same reasoning with the dry skin. He does love the lotioning he gets afterwards, though, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My DD gets a bath every other day this time a year...
    when we are outside alot, it has to be every day..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• not at all. Unless he is dirty, my son gets on every other day (or so) for the same reason. Sometimes too frequent of bathing will irritate his skin.

Now if your child is visibly dirty, has greasy hair or smells, that is another story! :)
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Nay! not gross. A childs body is self sufficent and doesnt need the regular cleaning like we do. I give my son a bath 4 times a week that he acually uses soap. The other 3 days the bath is for fun and relaxation.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 1:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Mine get maybe that much....depends on what's going on the next day or what they did that day....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• That's perfectly fine. It's better for his skin that way.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I don't think it is gross. But we give her one every night. We also deal with Eczema. The whole "don't give them a bath a lot" is an old wives tale. She has had it since she was 4 months old (she is now 2). The docs advised quick cool baths every night using cetaphyl wash. No bubbles or anything. Lotion afterwards (cetaphyl) and medication if she is starting an outbreak. If we ever miss a bath her eczema flares up. For the most part she had no flare ups except occasionally around her mouth due to the paci. Then it started getting bad again this winter. The allergist we just went to actually told us to start giving her longer baths in comfortable temp water because her eczeme was flaring up a bit. I found that weird. He said the water is actually hydrating the skin and that is why when we miss a bath it gets bad. So we did that and it is really good now.
    VanessaV

Answer by VanessaV at 3:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My kids get baths every other day. My son has dry skin so I switched them to every other day, and it works out good for both of them.
    In the summer they get washed down every day if necessary.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It might not be gross but keep in mind that if he/she is still in diapers like my two year old son is, they go poop and pee and sit in that untill we notice they went so even though we wipe them they still need to be bathed frequently in my opion. Since your son had really dry skin maybe you can talk to the pedi. and see what they reccomend for bath time.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2009