Who do you report lack of child support to when it's done through the court system?

i know with my oldest's bio dad, everything is done through our state's child support enforcement department. but with my ex husband, the judge ordered it through the state disbursement unit which is a little different. it comes from his check automatically and is sent to me in the mail via check. well it's suppose to come through no later than the 3rd of each month and so far no payment. now, he does work for some veteran organization and i tried both calling and emailing him to ask if the company was affected by the govt shutdown (im almost sure it was, but it's annoying that he won't answer me) i dont plan on doing anything about it this month but i thought id ask for future reference.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2013 in Money & Work

• Maybe the Gov office that handles it is closed or on limited staff. I would call their office in your state.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• You don't. They will keep track and what he can't pay will go into arrears.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• When my ex didnt pay his court ordered child support I had to take him back to family court for contempt.

Answer by missanc at 1:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• If you don't receive a payment for 30 days (30 days past due) you can have them send out a letter.
    Child support is done through the Atty General's office in my state.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2013