As a mom, am I doing right to budge in my daughter business?

My daughter just turned 19 and she stay with her boyfriend. Lately they been arguing because he is still involved with his ex. He show her text messages his ex sending but it look as if she is replying to something off their phone call. I got a call from the hospital and she was in the er. I asked her what happened. She said she fell. I thought nothing of it because they just took pictures together kissing. He don't even recognize her too much as a girlfriend. She is now doped up with hydrocodene. am I wrong for thinking he was hitting her? She want him to get rid of his ex but still he protect her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2013 in General Parenting

• In this case, GET INVOLVED. "I fell" is generally a huge red flag.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• This is a case where you ignore the drama, the "he said/she said" stuff and just make sure she is safe. She may be too caught up in the drama to think it through to safety.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• His ex still calls but he just let the phone ring. My daughter is in the army I'm praying she use those skills and leave.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• she was just ok at work that day and she was ok Thursday. Smh it happened too fast
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• This situation sounds messed up.
    BUT she is an adult and you need to stay out of it.
    That being said you need to make it clear that you are always there for her, whether it is to talk or come back home for a little while.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• He may very well be hitting her, but till your daughter is ready to deal with that head-on, you can't help her. Still, you don't have to let him in your house, and you can be sure your daughter knows you are a safe person to talk to if she ever needs help.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• In this case yes. Just be aware that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Even if you give her everything she needs to get out of a potentially abusive relationship she has to WANT to leave.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2013