My daughter is 15 years old and she likes an 18 year (who just graduated).. should i let her see him?

she is very mature for her age, and this young man is currently trying to go to the army so he is not in college. he is a very kind young man. People are telling me she is just going to do it behind my back anyways. Plus my mom is not a great influncence on her she married my dad when she was 15 and he was 21. My daughter also has a purity ring. Just not sure what to do!

jamie888

Asked by jamie888 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• When I was 16 and I was dating a 20 yr old.... Girls mature younger than boys. I think it's a good split personally. Do you know the kid? spend time getting to know him, that helps a lot. I don't see a problem with it!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Monitor them very closely, chaperone if need be.
    You know as well as I do that when you "forbid" her from seeing him, she'll work twice as hard to do it!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• I wouldn't. Too much difference in maturity and life experience between 15-18.

Answer by missanc at 2:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• No.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• How soon would you like to mess up her life?
    Are you just itching to be a grandmother?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Are you just itching to be a grandmother?

WOW that's a shitty thing to say. There are ways to prevent that in this day and age you know.
    Crafty26

• Try to keep her involved in other interests and activities, and keep an eye on the situation as best you can. But speakin from experience, if you forbid the relationship out of hand, you'll probably just send it underground. That the last thing you want; it's important to keep communication open.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2013