Baby pouch?

just wondering .... if i work out and get in shape am i still going to have this belly pouch? is it somthing you need surgery on? n e one have a pouch they got rid of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• How old is your baby? Perhaps you should think about not having anymore children if it interferes with your body image.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Everyone's body is different. I know a woman who has had 4 children and you would Never know it, she has no baby pouch, no stretch marks.
    You could do all the tummy workouts in the world and might never get rid of the pouch, or a month worth of tummy workouts and you might get to looking as if it was never there.
    I suggest you try the free work out method before resorting to surgery.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• What exactly is a pouch? I am picturing kangaroos here. If it is stretched skin it may need to be removed. If it is fat it can be shrunk. You probably know the spiel on diet and exercise. Just have to do it and find out. Get a consult with a Dr if you want it removed surgically.
    MoonFox4

Answer by MoonFox4 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• I've still got mine after five years and a lot of trying, so I've pretty much decided to wear it proudly and not worry about it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• You get it because the abdominals were stretched out during pregnancy. You will probably always have a small one because of it. Surgery is the quick fix as it is hard to target that area specifically. It can be done, but it's going to take awhile and may not completely go away.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Losing weight will get rid of fat but there is nothing you can do about stretched out skin other than get a tummy tuck. It's because the elasticity of the skin will pull it back after you give birth (but not immediately after - lol). So the skin you have left over (because there are no muscles in it) will stay "left over".

I hope some of that made sense :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2013