At what age should my grandson be put in a regular stroller

My grandson is 5 months 7 days old. His mom is a first time mom and she had him sitting in a reg stroller. I believe this is far to soon. PLEASE EDUCATE ME ..on the facts.. not what might have worked for your Son, simply because your son/daughter could be much bigger..etc.. Looking for professional answers.. I feel the Spine is far to weak to have this kind of pressureon  him for any great lenth of time.at this age... THANK-YOU

deniro0

Asked by deniro0 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depending on the stroller... when they can hold their head up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• If she has him strapped in he is fine. Grandma, butt out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• If he's not struggling to hold himself upright, he's ok. But most strollers recline so she can always lie him back. Or are you worried about him falling out? Does it have a between the legs strap?
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Really. a concerned grand-ma should butt out?? You are very rude.. I wonder how you are raising your child??
    deniro0

Comment by deniro0 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Yes, I was worried. He just doesn't look supported enough..
    deniro0

Comment by deniro0 (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• In all honesty it is *her* child. if you have concerns you could politely bring them up to her. However-give her some credit. First time mom or not I assure you she is doing what she feels is best and unless he is falling out he is fine in whatever stroller she is using.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• I'm sure the baby is capable of being in a sitting position for short periods of time. The seats are not ramrod straight. They have a slight incline
    Does she use one of those neck pillows?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• What's the difference between sitting on the hard floor unsupported, and sitting in a comfy stroller, slightly reclined?

He's fine in the stroller sitting, and if he's anything like MY kids, he's LOVING being able to look around at the world.

Relax Gramma, he's fine.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• At five months, PLENTY old enough to be in a regular stroller. She just needs to use the safety straps as directed in the manual she got.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• He's fine. They only need to be in the baby car seat stroller as newborns. She can lay the seat back a little.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2013