Did you ever wonder if it could get worse than Steubenville? (update)

Sadly, the answer is yes.

While the 14 year old, left for dead, victim's house is burned to the ground, the "alleged" rapist gets to play college football.  Would you feel safe with your daughter(s) attending the same college as guys raised to think it's ok to leave drunk girls in freezing temperatures on the lawn after sexually assaulting them?

UPDATE:

Anonymous has just declared war on Maryville

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I read that the other day and still can't believe shit like that still happens. The mom of that boy should be ashamed of defending that fucking asshole. I wouldn't want a child of mine going anywhere near where he was. No doubt he will do it again.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• This makes me sick, and I have no doubt in my mind that he will do it again (probably many times) while in college and beyond. It's very possible that he's raped several women on campus, but they are too afraid to say anything because they think it's their fault.

What makes me even more sick is that we think we have come so far, when in reality we have not. We still blame the victim for rape, and we go so far as to try to shut them up. People in this country are so quick to judge other countries where women are treated poorly, but should we really be so critical when here in our own country we aren't a whole lot better at times?
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• What a terrible shame!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• I've attempted to read the article twice today but just can't get all the way through it. It's too sad, and too infuriating!!! I wish that every rapist would attempt to attack a woman who was prepared, and could blow their heads off. To be put down by a woman they wanted to victimize would be true justice
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• I've attempted to read the article twice today but just can't get all the way through it. It's too sad, and too infuriating!!!

Does that mean you haven't gotten to the part where the rapist's mother is pissed that they haven't received an apology from the victim's family yet?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• So glad anonymous is stepping up since that whole town refused to. This whole thing sickens me.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Well Fu@%! Yes I did miss that part!!!!! Now I'm really pissed. Someone take a club to that hos head!!!!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• This story is so tragic! My heart just goes out to those girls!
    The guys have moved on with their lives as though nothing has happened while the girls are seeking therapy and one has tried suicide a couple of times.
    Apologies from the girls??? WTF! That's the most insane thing I've read!

So, so very tragic!
    I can only hope those boys have nightmares the rest of their lives, knowing what they've done!
    Hopefully, if they have daughters someday, their daughters will never meet assholes like themselves.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Wow. Amazing that in a whole community that nobody offered support to the victim. Not only would I not want my kids attending a university that would accept such trash, but I wouldn't want to live in a town that would so blatantly allow such things to go unpunished. It's shocking that even with all of the evidence they had (which face it, in these kind of crimes hardly ever happens) that they were not even forced to prosecute.

One question regarding the anonymous declaring war. What exactly does that mean? That they will post a bunch of stuff online about the town? I really don't know.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I really don't know.

In Ohio, they went and found evidence that was being hidden and made it public. No doubt the video of the rape is going to surface very shortly, even though the prosecutor claims now they didn't have it.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2013