If you're too insecure or embarrassed to talk about sex with someone before having it with them

Why are you having sex with anyone?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• Good question, my guess would be the alcohol! lol ;p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• EXACTLY.
    If you aren't mature enough to discuss STD's, birth control, "is this a one time thing or are we dating?" etc, you don't have any business spreading your legs for that person!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• If you're too insecure to talk about sex and what it means to you and your partner, as well as diseases and pregnancy, then your best bet is to plant an aspirin tablet firmly between your knees and keep it there till you do little more growing up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Because you're easy (you figuratively, not specifically). But then again, usually easy girls aren't shy about talking about sex.

Maybe she has an STD and doesn't want to risk being caught in a lie.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Maybe you grew up in a family that didn't talk about sex and made it an embarrassing topic
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Is this a spin off or is this some random curiosity? If it's a spin off, I'm going to regret eating dinner and missing it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Quinn, I was wondering the same thing and have been searching for the question this might have been spun from. No luck.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Considering the atmosphere in Answers the last few days, I'm guessing that there was a question about this and the OP didn't talk about something with someone she decided to bed. Then came here looking for validation and instead got frank and honest feedback, to which she probably replied that we are all a bunch of bitchy bitches that don't have husbands and are just bitter and taking it out on innocent victims that happen to post here. Then she probably hair flipped and deleted her post and if she wasn't anon, also her profile. Not to worry though, she'll be back under another screen name real soon. Of course I am just basing my guess on a pattern we've seen going on for a couple of years now. But WTF do I know?  I could totally be wrong.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• * to clarify, by OP in my last thread I mean the person that was too insecure to talk about sex with someone she had sex with.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• I just got here, so I have no idea what the question was that brought this up but...
    I had sex- and never really discussed it with any of them. Stupid? yes. I was lucky -never caught anything, and never got pregnant.
    I was raised in a reliegious household where we never talked about such things
    I also never had an actual boyfriend before I started having sex (at almost 19) and thought it would get a guy to like me.

yeah, I had issues...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2013