Switching Formula

My daughter is 7 months old and on Enfamil Gentlease....Yesterday my mom found a generic formula that says it is compatible to gentlease. I was giving her half on the gentlease and half of the new one and shes been throwing up. I took her to the Dr today and he said she has a cold. I forgot to tell him about the formula and I was wondering if anyone knows if thats whats making her throw up

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's throwing up, I would go back to what has been working. When she stops throwing up, maybe a few weeks down the road, try it again. This will let you know if it's the formula or a cold. Formulas may be compatible, but they put different amounts of the ingredients in them. It may be the same ingredients but differing amounts which could be upsetting her tummy. Good luck!
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If she's on Gentlease for a reason, I'd stick to it and not try even a generic unless the doctor says it's okay.....

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Very likely it is the change. Generally it's best not to break things that don't need fixing, y'know what I mean?

Go back to the original formula...see if the picture changes.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:12 AM on Feb. 21, 2009