What online college do you go too?

Do you like it?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I've taken online classes through normal college, and would advise anyone looking into it to NOT go to one of the online only schools that operate for profit (Phoenix, University et al). They are not fully accredited (which means your degree still doesn't qualify you for a job in most states). They charge outrageous fees and higher interest on their private loans, and screw you on book fees, too. Go to the websites of your local community colleges and state schools - they'll all offer online degrees. Those degrees will actually be worth the paper they're printed on.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• What she ^^^^^^ said.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• I am regretting my decision to go to University of phoenix and looking into transferring(If I can). I don't fell like I am getting my moneys worth at all, if you were to google any of the questions on my homework(In ANY class), you will find the same exact question was asked over 5 YEARS ago, so they don't change their programming/curriculum at all, the professors are next to useless, basically they are taking attendance as they don't actually teach you anything, they assign a chapter (which you copy and paste from basically). So I agree with NP, avoid Phoenix.
    Anonymous

• I don't.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• Anonymous. Some times colleges will allow some of it to be transferred if you have the descriptions of what the classes involved. But it usually depends on a department by department basis. I made the mistake of taking a few courses at Kaplan, but was able to transfer a few(not many) of my criminal justice courses to have them applied to my criminology coursework for my degree. The difference may have been though that the department head was also one of my professors that I knew well and I think he could tell that I really did take a course that taught the material(Which the I had no problems with the professors at kaplan they were great as was the material I was learning. but it would have have ended in a accredited degree).
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• The kind that knows the difference between to and too.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2013

• ive taken online classes at universities, but would never EVER EVER take a course thru a completely online university such as Phoenix. theres a girl in my grad program with a bachelors from Phoenix and she is flat out dumb. she knows nothing of the subject matter and we all wonder how she even got accepted into the program. not saying all Phoenix grads are like that, but Phoenix did not prepare her academically.

i know Oklahoma University has a fully online program, so there are probably some online programs at large accredited state schools.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I took some online courses through my local community college. They have several degrees that are online only now.

Answer by missanc at 6:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I've never taken any classes online

*and it should be to -not too ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• @missanc ... full degrees online? Which comm. college ... just initials is okay.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:04 AM on Oct. 15, 2013