Anyone waiting for a package being shipped out of Chicago?

Good luck with that.  This is why your car should not cut off a semi.  (this truck currently sitting on the E/W Tollway)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Damn
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:38 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• That sucks. I hope everyone is alright.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:42 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• That is why you buy insurance for your packages!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 9:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• ugh.

Drivers are stupid. I can't even tell you how many people I saw yesterday that were 1) driving too fast 2) cutting people off and 3) not using turn signals at all, either for turning OR lane changes

my son did driving shcool this summer and they actually had a guy bring a semi so the kids could climb in and see what THEY see. My son said that they can't actually see much. I try to avoid being around them if at all possible- I hate being near them.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Holy shit!

The other day traffic on the way to my capoeira class was backed up because someone hit a bus... how the hell do you hit a bus? They don't stop suddenly at all, they are huge, and they have those lights that flash when the stop! Yeah, the guy was most likely texting. Most drivers are stupid. They'll pretty much give a license to anyone.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Maybe I'm lucky I can't see the picture. Sounds like somebody wasn't paying attention, or he thought his car would drive itself. When a car tangles with a semi, it's always bad news for the car.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Damn, that sucks.

Ballad, it looks like one 50 foot trailer has been opened like a sardine can and there are boxes (packages) all over the road. There is a second trailer in front of the busted up one that is untouched.

Ha, my husband is a dispatcher with UPS, but he's on vacation this week so he won't have to deal with this one.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• There is a second trailer in front of the busted up one that is untouched.

That's actually the rear trailer that's ok. Just out of the left side of that pic is the cab of the semi. The driver is lucky it was only the trailer that got destroyed (there's another pic you can see her walking around looking at the damage).
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I would think death would outweigh scattered packages and that is why you drive safely.
    Nope nothing I am expecting.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• That's actually the rear trailer that's ok

I realize that now. I just showed this to my husband.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2013