Does anyone know if these are the same as the all american dolls?

my dd wants one, but not paying 100 for a doll but seen this on lakeside.com

http://www.lakeside.com/Toys-%2B-Sports/Dolls%2B%252B%2BAccessories/18%22-Girl-Dolls-And-Outfits/prod1030571.jmp?sorted=Y&navAction=push&fm=leftnav&categoryId=cat52217&navCount=0

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2013 in Shopping

• They are knock offs if that is what you are asking.
    They have a brand that looks nicer than the ones you posted, at Target. They are called My Generation Dolls
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• My DD has a my generation doll. I didn't want to put the kind of money into an AG doll because she doesn't play with dolls all that much. I didn't see the point in that. Plus, I don't like the teeth on the AG dolls. Weird, I know. They just bother me for some reason.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• lol Quinn, the teeth bother me too!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• They sure look like the American Girl dolls!! I'd get one and see if she plays with it before buying the real thing.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• The AG is a heritage doll. It is meant to be enjoyed for generations.

The knock offs are fin but the quality isn't the same. It depends on why you are buying it and how you feel about the purchase. DD has two AG dolls, one is one made to be "her", one is the story dolls Kirsten. She had one change of clothes for each the we made. She has them safe for her little girl.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• ya my dd doesn't ever play with dolls either but she wants this one
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

•  

I think it iwll be fine, we have one of each and well......she is luckyher mom bought the AG because I never would have!

luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• The differences that I can tell from DD's doll and the AG dolls her friends have is the hair and the creepy a** teeth. The hair on the AG doll seems better quality but the teeth break the deal for me. Oh, and the price as well as the cost of accessories makes a huge deal. Although you could get AG doll and buy the MG accessories.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:56 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• How old is she? My mom bought us the doll of our dreams when we got to the point we really didn't play with dolls anymore but still wanted them. I still have mine as do both of my sisters. If she's younger and still playing with dolls then the knock off would be fine but if this is it for her you might want to consider ebay to get an original at a cheaper price or bite the bullet and get her what she really wants.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2013

• My dd is 8.5 she has never really played with dolls. Last time I ever bought her a doll was when she was like 2
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2013