Hair dye turned highlights a brassy clownish red! How soon can I redye after using a 28 day color?

I had highlights in brown hair which I got early this summer. I bought a Clairol 28 day hair dye a few days ago and dyed it today. I didn't realize the red in the dye would react so strangely with the highlights! How soon can I recolor? I want to go with a dark brown. I have really oily skin so drying out isn't that much of a concern.

Puppeteergirl

Asked by Puppeteergirl at 2:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• First try washing your hair with Dawn dish liquid to remove some of the color
    If it's just a semi permanent color,just wait it out. Shampoo daily. It will fade

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Oily skin and dry hair have nothing to do with one another, I would suggest calling the number on the back of the box, or visiting a stylist, I have never had good luck coloring my own hair, and the more you do the more it will cost if you screw it up.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2013