To contact her or not?

so I do cleaning work on the side and last I heard from my client was 2 weeks ago. she was going to schedule me in on Thursday but I told her that I have some people I have started cleaning for on for that day and suggested I could do it maybe Friday or that weekend or the next week.

she says that she will schedule me in for next week and she said good job for getting more clients. she would then be checking her schedule for the following week. I never heard from her last week, when I was suppose to be scheduled in with her, so I let it go.

now another week is suppose to go by this week and I still am not hearing back from her. should I ask her if she needs me or leave it alone?

on one hand I don't want to sound like I am needing her to schedule me in but on the other, I don't want to seem like I am not caring.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2013 in Money & Work

• I say every one you work for you should call weekly to schedule a day.

Answer by louise2 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Yes, contact her and ask her if she will be expecting you. Otherwise you will be waiting and not filling that time with someone that wants to pay you for your time. If she does not answer, leave a message letting her know that if she would like for you to clean for her, that you will need her to call back and confirm so that you don't schedule the time slot with someone else. Of course, say it in your words and diplomatically.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I would call and check in. It may be that she liked having you exclusively hers and maybe even feels that she should have had first choie on the days she wanted. It never hurts to just make a friendly call.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Yes, contact her and ask. Also say you have other clients waiting to here from you. At the end .......if you have to leave a message.....say if you do not hear from her, you have enjoyed working for her and wish her the best. End the call on a positive note.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:00 AM on Oct. 16, 2013