Want to take a bet, on what child used the "potty mouth today"?

I got a call from school, my kids bike home, to make a long story short, this is the message I got today,
Mrs, Jones, your child used bad words, I will be calling you to discuss the matter at 3:30 today.
Not who what where or when, just one of them said something horrific,
Please dont' let it be,
My mom might be Catholic when you think birth control, and gay marriage is okay, LOL
Pins and needles here.

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• And the principal used the words Horrific! UH OH!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Oh fuck, now what?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Can't wait to hear what "horrific" words were used.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• who knows, message on my Voicemail, "your child used Horrific words today" no mention of the guilty party, assuming that is isn't horrific enough to have me come and get either one, I just checked the voicemail on the home phone, the message was left at around noon,
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I will patiently wait to be entertained.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• The suspense is killing me. I can't imagine how you feel.

Oh wait! Yes I can.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Are you ready?
    It was my 8 year old, he told someone about my friend's student that had been raped, I talked about it to my husband, it has made national news, and I guess my son, told someone else, my mom has a friend who has a daughter that has been raped.
    I didn't know he over heard my husband and I talking about it, just got off the phone with the principal, and said he heard the word from me, and an entire town has discounted this young girl, even after they left her for dead burned her home down, I apologized and said, IDK what else to say, prinicpal said, OMG, so sorry, he shouldn't have used the word at school, but have seen the posts about the "Daisy" case.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Ok, I get that it isn't really a topic for 8 year olds to discuss, but a "horrific" word, really? Yeah, rape is horrific, but the word isn't.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Jeeeeezzzzuzzzz! Are they serious? It's not as if he were threatening to commit such a heinous act. He was discussing (albeit something not age appropriate) something that is happening in your community or a community near you (I'm guessing). What better way to teach and lead children to learn and know right from wrong and how things like this impact a whole area, not just a couple of people. More people should be talking to their kids about things like this and letting them know that it isn't going to be tolerated. EVER. *I would naturally choose to discuss with children of an older age, but as you stated you weren't discussing it with your child - he overheard you. WTF is wrong with the school that they are paralyzed by a child saying the word rape? What better time than this to discuss what that is and why it's wrong.  Huge opportunity missed by the school if you ask me.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I guess another student called her mother at lunch time, and said my son was repeating a story he had heard about at home, I find that very unlikely, and I was telling my husband about it last night, that my friend from high school had asked me to get the word out. I think as a boy he needs do know that rape is about the worst thing you could ever do to a woman, I would have discussed it with him at a later date, and had no idea that he overheard our conversation.
    He didn't tell anyone he was going to rape them, just stated about his mother talking about someone who was raped.
    The principal then knew the story I was talking about, and just said in the future, try not to use that kind of words around your children, for the record, they are pretty outspoken, lol!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2013