Would it be wrong??

My "best friend" said she was going to throw my baby shower, well she's no longer my friend after years of her treating me like crap, I got tired of it. Well now I don't have anyone to throw it for me and I'm upset about it but oh well. Is it wrong to throw/host my own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Go for it. You'll be lonely doing it on your own though...
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• You don't have any other friends or family members who can help you host it? I mean who will you be inviting? Pick the closest person on that list & ask them to help you.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I basically did mine and it ended up after my son was born lol He was 3 weeks early.

Basically I just told everyone when it was and I ended up ordering pizza. I didn't have any games or anything.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Well my closest friend is my cousin, but she's 3 weeks ahead of me and doesn't really have time to plan mine, I'm having mine at the beginning of December, hers is next month and she's due in December. I have friends, just not close friends anymore. Like they'd come to it but I don't hangout with them every day like I use to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Will this baby be christened? Do a christening party instead.

My family doesn't do baby showers; it's considered bad luck.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• If I were in that position I think I would save the money, time and effort spent throwing myself a shower on just getting the items I need. No stress no mess, lol! The friends and relatives will likely bring your baby gifts when they meet him or her for the first time. Don't sweat it. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I'd just skip the shower and then give a welcoming party after your baby is born so your friends and family can meet the new arrival. They'll bring gifts, but it will feel more like there's something to celevrate. Nobody in my family hosted a shower for me before my baby was born because they had their noses in the air about the fact that I wasn't planning to marry the father. But then after the baby arrived, an aunt decided to give me a welcoming party, and it was a joyful occasion because everybody got to see the baby.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I like the welcoming party idea! Friends and family can meet the new baby!
    MotherOfSix43

Answer by MotherOfSix43 at 2:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2013