My little girl has not pooped in over a month, keeps a UTI and keeps falling asleep in school

Just as the title says, My little girl has not pooped in over a month, keeps a UTI and keeps falling asleep in school. I have taken her to the doctor 4 times this past month and they will not do anything for her but give her antibiotics. I have tried every over the counter help. I took her to ER tonight and they said she was very blocked (duh) and to give her a lax, but that doesnt work. Im scared and dont know what to do!!

mrschamp7

Asked by mrschamp7 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2013 in Kids' Health

• keep taking her to new doctors, and back to the ER if she is not getting better or getting worse.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Gastroentologist. Specialist for the colon and related areas.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Keep seeking medical help and investigate her diet. Maybe her ped can give you some advice if you go in with a detailed food journal. GL
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I agree with getting her to a gastroenterologist and quick. Does she poop at all? Even leaky liquid poo? Has she had an issue withholding her bowel movements before this last month? She might have encopresis and would likely need to see a gastroenterologist anyhow.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Keep seeking medical advice, specialists and peads are better than GP. Try to analyze her diet too, banana will make her constipated. Have you tried papaya? Prunes will help. too. Adding fruits and vegetables into her diet and yours if she's still breastfeeding. Avoid sugary food nor drinks as they predispose UTI. Baby massage might help too before a warm bath. Have you tried lax suppository? Usually that works wonder, not the tablet ones.
    Jeane G.

Answer by Jeane G. at 8:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• ^^^^ WAIT.... now FB people can comment too??? WTF???
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Time for a new doctor. A month?! Wow. I have never heard of that. If food is going in... where is it now?!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Oh what fresh hell is this!?!?!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• I assume she isn't eating, either? Seriously, a month, can a person not poop for that long and live?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2013

• Sorry this is not physically possible.

Admin please fix this FB nonsense.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2013