4 cm dialated?

3 weeks ago I started to go into early labor. they gave me shots and my contractions stoped and they sent me home a day later with a list of what not to do. I am now 38 weeks along. Dialated to an "almost" 4 and 25% effaced. I am not supposed to go shopping or lift anything over 10 lbs, no sex. My doctor hasnt said if I can do these things again because Im now full term. Can I? I would love to make love to my hubby before I cant for several weeks. Also how long can women stay dialated to 4 before going into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was fully effaced and 4 cm dialated for 3 weeks with my son. He was 2 weeks late. Every day the doctor said, "well, I'm sure you'll go into labor tonight." He stopped saying it after 1 week.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i was 3 1/2 cm and 80% effaced for over a month and i sstill had to be induced. I would say talk to your doc before you do anything. im sure it wouldnt be a problem to have sex, but you want to try and keep that peanut in there as long as possible. the closer you get to 40 weeks the healthier the baby
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I was 4 cm dialated and 75% effaced for a month. They also stopped my labor. After going off the meds and having sex, still no labor. The doc said sometimes we stop it and it never starts again :(

So, they tried inducing me and it had no effect so I had to have a c-section
    Anonymous

• Yes, talk to your doctor ... but if you do have sex... wear a condom...I've heard bacteria can move on up there...
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 2:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i was at 4 cm and 50% effaced for a month. But now that you are full term I wouldnt see why it would be harmfull to make love on last time before you have your baby but be fair warned that it can bring on labor and cause some major contractions with orgasm. But just to be on the safe side bring it up with your doctor at your next appointment or just pick up the phone and call the nurse.
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 2:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If you want to have sex but are worried about brining on labor use a condom. Semen is what can get things going so if you use a condom then you'll be safer. Definitly check with your dr. first, but if you are full term it shouldn't be a problem!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Thank you ladies for your responses. I will be sure to call my doctor. My other child is going to grandmas for the weekend... so... I hope. lol
    Anonymous