My baby daddy left me 7 months pregnant for a 19 year old. My son is 2 months old and he wants to take him to his and her house where they live with two other guys and her. Should I let my son go?

They moved down the street from me when his mom kicked him out for being inconsiderate and not taking care of his daughter by himself when he had her. I just don't know what to do

maymayhoda

Asked by maymayhoda at 12:04 AM on Oct. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't let my two month baby go anywhere without me. I don't care who it is. If he wants to see him, he can come to the.baby for shortvvisit to eestablish a bond and then work on visits away when the baby is older and you know if he can be trusted to care for him
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• You lawyer up, get your child support ducks in order and by NO means let him take your daughter anywhere. If there is no custody arrangement in place, GET ONE. Don't be nice. HE is not nice.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I agree with Nimue. If the dad lives down the street, he can pop in for short visits with the baby while you are there, at your home, assuming you want him around. If you don't want him around--and he doesn't sound as if he's given you much reason to--then you don't want to send your baby into his care. He hasn't cared for his daughter well, from the sound of it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Do you have a custody agreement. If not, he has no rights and I would not let your child go with him. I would allow him to visit while you are with the baby. You should go and get child support.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• What does the court order say?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Not without a court order.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• If he's an irresponsible person, then no.
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Department Of Child Support. Call them.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I would not unless there was a court order saying I had to--- and even then I think I would appeal to the judge about the safety of the situation.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• NO NO NO NO
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:46 AM on Oct. 16, 2013