Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby daddy left me 7 months pregnant for a 19 year old. My son is 2 months old and he wants to take him to his and her house where they live with two other guys and her. Should I let my son go?

They moved down the street from me when his mom kicked him out for being inconsiderate and not taking care of his daughter by himself when he had her. I just don't know what to do

Answer Question

Asked by maymayhoda at 12:04 AM on Oct. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • I wouldn't let my two month baby go anywhere without me. I don't care who it is. If he wants to see him, he can come to for shortvvisit to eestablish a bond and then work on visits away when the baby is older and you know if he can be trusted to care for him

    Answer by Nimue930 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

  • You lawyer up, get your child support ducks in order and by NO means let him take your daughter anywhere. If there is no custody arrangement in place, GET ONE. Don't be nice. HE is not nice.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

  • I agree with Nimue. If the dad lives down the street, he can pop in for short visits with the baby while you are there, at your home, assuming you want him around. If you don't want him around--and he doesn't sound as if he's given you much reason to--then you don't want to send your baby into his care. He hasn't cared for his daughter well, from the sound of it.

    Answer by Ballad at 12:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

  • Do you have a custody agreement. If not, he has no rights and I would not let your child go with him. I would allow him to visit while you are with the baby. You should go and get child support.

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

  • What does the court order say?

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

  • Not without a court order.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 1:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

  • If he's an irresponsible person, then no.

    Answer by Diamond2010 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

  • Department Of Child Support. Call them.

    Answer by staciandababy at 1:59 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

  • I would not unless there was a court order saying I had to--- and even then I think I would appeal to the judge about the safety of the situation.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 6:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2013


    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:46 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.