Do you love your husband more or kids more

Just a random question which came in my mind. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• i don't understand why it has to be a competition? besides the love we feel for our children is not the same kind of love we feel for our husbands.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• How many times is this stupid question going to be asked before people realize it is two DIFFERENT types of love? Sheesh.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Why do people keep asking this? I'm not being snarky, I'd really like to know why it's such an issue. Love doesn't operate under regular mathematical conditions. There's no "more" about it. The more you love, the more love you have to go around.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I just love them.
    I do try to extend the same kind of love to them (unconditional love) and to be responsible for myself & my feelings in relation to them. It is sort of like having more than one child, and being "able" to love them both. I don't see a conflict between loving my partner & loving my children.

There is the matter of prioritizing moment-to-moment actions. I guess doing so can give the appearance of loving one or the other more. I don't think that expresses the actual truth of it, though.
    The parents are the "executive pair" in the family & need to make decisions that optimize resources. My husband & I often do prioritize our children, particularly when they are very young, "over" each other but that only works in a healthy way if you actually DO love your partner well, not actually loving the kids "more." Assessing situations & prioritizing needs is not about disregarding someone else or loving the other "more."
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• This question aaagggaaaiiinnn
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I love them differently. Not more or less.

Which do you love more, OP?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• You can scroll back and look at the other 100 questions that asked the same thing.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• I have never understood why this was even a question. You love them differently, there is no MORE about it. This is the stupidest "debate" ever.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:44 AM on Oct. 16, 2013

• sigh. i chose DH and my kids are from me...different kinds of love, etcetcetc.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2013

• Kids. It is always kids.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2013